Bills & Payments

Bills & Payments

You have several options for paying your electricity bill with LPE. At the bottom of your bill, you will find your payment options, including:

  • - BPay 
  • - Direct Debit
  • - Online
  • - Over the Phone
  • - Post Office (Embedded Network Customers Only)

You can call our friendly customer care team for any questions or assistance on 1800 040 168.

Can I receive my electricity bill by post rather than email?

The general focus is on being sustainable and being paperless where possible, so LPE's default for bill delivery is email. If you prefer, you have the option to change to postal delivery of your bill. Please note each bill posted will incur an additional postage and handling fee of $1.75 + GST.

I didn’t receive my bill. What do I do?

If your bill has not arrived around your normal billing cycle, please contact us by phone on 1800 040 168 or email at and we'll be happy to check and confirm your email or postal address details.

I can’t find my bill?

Please contact us by phone on 1800 040 168 or email at and we'll email your bill to you at no extra charge.

Why is my bill higher this time?

There are many reasons your bill could change or be higher from time to time, including:

  • - Length of the billing period (depending on meter readers schedules).
  • - Seasonal conditions and hotter or colder weather
  • - Extra people or visitors in your household
  • - Outstanding amount carried forward from your previous bill
  • - Concession rebates (if applicable) not applied.

Please contact us by phone on 1800 040 168 or email at if further clarification or tips and hints will help.

How do I set up direct debit?

Please contact us by phone on 1800 040 168 or email at and one of our customer care team members will organise this for you.

Can I get a payment extension?

LPE offer a 1-week payment extension from the due date.

Can I get a further extension?

Please contact us by phone on 1800 040 168 to discuss a payment plan or other options.

My electricity bill is difficult to understand - I'd really like to though!

Electricity bills can be confusing. The Help menu on our website has a great example of how to read your bill. You can also find a copy here:

Can I stop SMS reminders that my bill is due?

Yes you can. Please contact us by phone on 1800 040 168 and our friendly customer care team will organise this for you.

What is a processing fee?

When you pay your electricity bill using a credit card, or any card that uses a credit card payment facility, your financial institution charges LPE a merchant fee. This is passed on to you as a Payment Processing Fee on your bill.

LPE Fees and Charges

You can view LPE's Standard Fees and Charges on our website here:

What is the NMI?

The NMI (sometimes pronounced Nimmy) is a National Meter Identifier. It has a unique 10 or 11 digit number used to identify every electricity network connection point in Australia. If you are part of an Embedded Network in a multi-tenanted site, your NMI is not viewable to other electricity providers as your meter belongs to a private network.

I have a concession card - do I get a rebate?

If you have an eligible concession card, you are entitled to a concession on your electricity account. Those holding the following cards may be eligible for a discount:

  • - Queensland Seniors Card
  • - Services Australia Pensioner Concession Card
  • - Services Australia Health Care Card (Electricity Rebate only) including holders of a Low - Income Health Care Card and Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card.
  • - Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and you receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
  • - Asylum seeker status—residents will need to provide their ImmiCard details (Electricity Rebate only)

If you are a cardholder, to be eligible you must be the electricity account holder and also live alone or share your principal place of residence with (only) any of the below:

  • - your spouse
  • - other people who hold a Services Australia Pensioner Concession Card or Queensland - Seniors Card
  • - other people wholly dependent on you
  • - other people who receive an income support or families payment from Centrelink, who do not pay rent
  • - other people who receive an income support payment from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and who do not pay rent

For further clarification, please read through the Queensland Government Electricity and Gas Rebate guidelines online at You are also welcome to call 1800 040 168 to discuss with our customer care team.

Am I eligible for Medical Cooling electricity cost assistance?

The Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Concession Scheme (MCHECS) helps with electricity costs for people who have a chronic medical condition, such as multiple sclerosis, autonomic system dysfunction, significant burns or a severe inflammatory skin condition, which is aggravated by changes in temperature.

For further information on this concession, please see This concession is paid directly into your bank account, not by deduction on your electricity bill.

If you are already receiving the Electricity Rebate or other energy concessions, you can still apply for this concession. Full details of eligibility for the concession including qualifying medical conditions, are listed on the application form. Your medical specialist must fill out the medical certification section.

To apply, you can

  • - print and complete the MCHECS application form here
  • - Call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) 
  • - email if you need a copy posted to you.
  • - Post your application to the address listed on the form.
How much is the concession rebate?

The Energy and Gas rebate is provided by the Queensland Government, currently the rebate is:

Queensland pensioners and seniors may be eligible for:

  • - The Electricity Rebate—$340.85 per year (GST inclusive)
  • - The daily rate equates to: 0.9338c (GST inclusive)

Please note, all rebates are GST inclusive. Rebates for eligible card holders may appear as GST exclusive on bills. For further information, please call our customer care team on 1800 040 168 or visit

Can I get a concession on more than 1 property?
I have a Senior's Card - am I eligible for a concession on my electricity bill?

Yes, if you have a Queensland Senior's Card you are entitled to received the Queensland Government - Energy and Gas Rebate. For further information, please see:

You are also welcome to call our friendly Customer Care Team on 1800 040 168 for further information.

What if I have a low Credit Score?

As per our terms and conditions, LPE complete a credit check. You will be notified if you have a below average credit score and, if you are happy to proceed, our Collections Team will assist you.

What causes a below average Credit Score?

A below average credit score can be caused by a number of credit applications in a short period of time, late payments to your creditors, Default Notices or Court Writs.

Does this mean LPE will decline my application?

Not necessarily, our Collections Team will review your credit check in more detail and may require a Security Deposit to proceed.

What Concessions exist for NSW Customers?

There are many rebates for NSW customers. These include the

  • Low Income Household Rebate
  • Life Support Energy Rebate
  • Medical Energy Rebate
  • Family Energy Rebate
  • Energy Account Payment Assistance (EAPA)

You can find more information on all of these at